Wednesday, October 28, 2009

October 29th, 2009

Kathryn Schuth

I don't know Kathryn Schuth. But we are facebook friends through a mutual friend, Patti Digh, who, well, I also don't know. It's confusing, I know. But we are all Internet BFFs. Trust me.

Recently, Kathryn posted a picture of flaming-yellow leaves with the caption,
"Looking up as much as possible while there's still a canopy to look at".
I responded that I want to love fall, but hate winter, and because fall means winter is coming,
I hate fall.
Expressing that made me realize how silly that is. And how limiting. It's like hating life because death is coming.
The city of Richmond is beautiful this time of year, and I have been extending generous gratitude to every falling leaf over the last week or so.
Today, I was notified that I had been tagged in a photo. Here I am:

Apparently, being grateful not only makes me feel better, but it makes me gorgeous!

Thanks, Kathryn. You made me happy today.

1 comment:

Shoofly said...

bravo! seems that happiness might be exponential in the sharing of it!
Thank you.